Friday 27 April 2012

3KCBWDAY5 - Something a bit different - With update

Now this topic has caused me quite a bit of pain, both literally and metaphorically! Headache has now developed after reading all your other fantastically creative and quirky posts and my poor head just seemed to be empty on the 'something a bit different'. Not because I'm daft or lazy or any of those things that I definitely can be when required, no its just because to me the blog itself was my something different from my normal life!

Still, I pulled up my socks (or woolly tights here in WoollyWorld) girded my loins (what does that actually mean anyone?!) and took some deep breaths. My something different for today was..........Sewing..........

Not exactly far off the knitting radar I know, but to me sewing hasn't been at all appealing ever. I can sew if needed. Hems taken up, let down, repairs, darning, sewing on buttons have all flown, or rather shuffled apologetically  from my rather impatient hands, but its just not sew love for me. Anyway I have been eyeing up knitting project bags of late, all sorts including boxy ones, drawstring ones in lovely colours and patterns and decided to take the plunge and make one today, oh heck here goes then.........

PS - sorry no pictures or follow up reports yet as I'm actually too busy trying to sew this little blighter. I am determined however to have something to show you by the end of the day so do pop back if you have a mo. Thanks for stopping by to see me. I'm having such fun this week.

PPS - Very excited many hours later I have an almost project bag. Popped out to the charity shop for some fabric, found an old sheet for lining and here is, TA DA, drum roll, a (albeit slightly small and yet to have the drawstring threaded through) flat bottomed, fully lined project bag. Many thanks to Jeni from In Color Order for her fabulous tutorial.





2 comments:

  1. Yay! Grats on the handmade project bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, and thanks for stopping by especially as I'd made it so hard :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete