Monday 23 April 2012

3KCBWDAY1 - Colour me happy!


It seems amazing to me now that I think about it, that as the majority of my knitting is gifts for others consequently my choice of colour is governed mainly by their likes, dislikes or household colour schemes. I've never really thought about that before! This does mean that when I buy yarn for a project its not necessarily what I love. It seems to be gradually coming though, my developing love for natural colours, creams, beiges, greys, chocolate, greens, raspberry pink. The more I look at the colours that pull me in, they are either natural or food related which seems a little quirky to say the least. I never stick to the colour a garment is shown in on the pattern and in fact if the colour doesn't appeal to me it can positively put me off the pattern, again interesting to discover.


So essentially I think my colour choices have changed with age (or wisdom, maturity etc) in the same way that my tastebuds seem to have developed. As I say very interesting indeed. Has anyone else found this, I'd be delighted to know?

 



 


2 comments:

  1. I have made a lot of gifts as well, so color is dictated by the giftee. Even if I work with a color that I normally don't wear, I do find a shade that I like and a yarn texture and company I like.
    I can't remember past favorite colors but I think I wore a lot of black! I still do but I'm more of a blue jeans person now and try to infuse greens and purples in my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny I used to wear a lot of black too! Still do a bit. Greens and purples are lovely, very Wimbledon :))

    ReplyDelete